- AA in Journalism
- BA in Secondary Education
- MAT in Secondary Education/Language Arts
- Oregon Speech Educator of the Year, 2007
- National Federation of High School’s Outstanding Speech Educator Award, 2007 & 2008
- Editor of literary magazine, Perceptions, 1997
- Coached seven individuals to the title State Champion in an Oregon speaking event.
- Coached three high school teams to a State Champion title in OSAA Speech & Debate.
- Nominated to the OSAA State Tournament Committee ten consecutive years
- Librarian/Media Specialist, certified for grades 1-12
- Speech Communications, certified for grades 6-12
- Language Arts, certified for grades 6-12
- Advanced Placement Language & Composition classes